Trainee Economic and Financial Regulation (m/f/d)
Party of European Socialists (PES) is looking for a
Trainee Economic & Financial Regulation (fulltime)
The Party of European Socialists (PES) is a European political party, which brings together Socialist, Social Democratic, Democratic and Labour Parties of the European Union. There are 33 full member parties from the 28 EU member and Norway. In addition, there are eleven associate and ten observer parties.
The PES acts as an important network organization for our member parties by providing policy advice, assistance and organization of EU-related events. Our office is based in Brussels. The PES is currently looking for a Trainee in Economic & Financial Regulation.
- Among other tasks, your main duties will be to:
- Support the work of the PES EU Policy Unit on economic policy and financial regulation;
- Provide research and briefings on EU economic and financial policy issues;
- Supporting the drafting of political papers, for example policy papers, speeches and press material;
- Assistance in organizing meetings and events;
- Attending at congresses, conferences, meetings, seminars and preparing reports for the PES;
- Contribute to other duties as assigned.
- A high degree of political awareness and commitment to the core values of the PES;
- Very good understanding of European decision-making, EU institutions and European politics;
- University degree or relevant experience in field of Economic and Financial Policy;
- Excellent research and writing skills;
- Experience in organizing meetings and events would be an asset;
- Excellent English and at least 1 other EU language;
- A flexible team-player with a high degree of motivation and pro-activeness;
- A good command of office IT skills.
- The opportunity to work and gain experience in the context of the European Union in Brussels, in a multicultural and multilingual environment;
- A fulltime 6 month paid internship, submitted to Belgian social legislation, to start preferably on the 2nd of September
- Offices located in the heart of the European neighbourhood, very accessible by public transport (Brussels Central Station, Metro Arts-Loi)
How to apply:
Please send your application letter, accompanied by a detailed CV attached to your email to the attention of Mr. Achim Post, PES Secretary General, at the latest by August 11th. Mention the following in the subject field of your e-mail: Trainee Economic Policy. Your application should be submitted by email to the following address: email@example.com
The PES promotes equal opportunities for women and men.
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!