UCB offers Health Policy Officer Traineeship
Health Policy Officer (12/24 months) External Engagement
Help us transform patients’ lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
To strengthen our External Engagement function, based in our Headquarter in Brussels, Belgium, we are looking to fill the position of: Health Policy Officer External Engagement within the Therapeutic Area Bone.
This is a Traineeship for a 12-month duration, with possible extension for an additional 12 months with agreement by both parties.
Are you driven and enthusiastic in your approach? For UCB, you are a ‘drivethusiastic’ person. This very special blend of talent means you are pushed by a keenness to make a positive difference for patients.
As a UCB ‚drivethusiastic‘ person and Health Policy Officer External Engagement you like to work in an environment where you can:
- Be part of an international team with a global reach, with a focus on EU, US, Japan, China, Brazil
- Support the health policy/public affairs activities in the field of osteoporosis/fragility fractures
As a UCB ‚drivethusiastic‘ person and Health Policy Officer External Engagement you will contribute by:
- Building a comprehensive understanding of the policy environment in the field of Bone Health at global and country level through monitoring, research and briefings
- Leading flagship policy projects at global level, involving coordination with internal and external stakeholders
- Supporting outreach to external stakeholders
- Ensuring an effective communication flow with internal partners (e.g. business unit and public affairs network), including supporting UCB affiliates with operationalisation of local public affairs strategies
- Engaging in awareness-raising activities (e.g. World Osteoporosis Day)
Interested? For this position you’ll need the following education, experience and skills:
- University degree with an educational or functional background in health policy, political sciences, health economics, business administration;
- 1-2 years’ prior work experience in health policy/public affairs in public institutions, consultancy, company or NGO
- Strong command of written and spoken English;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment; Self-starter, result-oriented and commitment to deliver high-quality work;
- Strategic thinking; Strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- The contract will initially be signed for a 12-month duration, with possible extension for an additional 12 months with agreement by both parties.