UECBV seeks Advisor on Policy with an economic background
Advisor on Policy with an economic background
UECBV is the European Livestock and Meat Trades Union. UECBV is an EU association representing in total, some 20,000 firms of all sizes and over 230,000 jobs are represented through its national member federations. The vast majority of these enterprises are small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
More about UECBV team
UECBV has a multi-cultural team of experts in veterinary, law, food technology, economics and communication fields.
UECBV is seeking for immediate recruitment of an Advisor on Policy with an economic background to follow issues such as Meat Market trends, International Trade, Common Agricultural Policy and Customs.
The successful candidate will join the Brussels-based team and participate in the running of the UECBV structure, in the heart of the European quarter.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Preparing research/position papers on policy areas including global trade, market forecasts, the Common Agricultural Policy and the Union Customs Code
- Attendance of policy conferences and institutional meetings, e.g. European Parliament committees and preparing reports on discussions
- Attending and reporting back on complex discussions on technical subjects e.g. customs and taxation
- Monitoring the meat market and delivering a weekly market intelligence note
- Monitoring and analysis of the international trade and trade agreements negotiations
- Drafting minutes of UECBV meetings
- Assisting in the organisation of general assemblies, international conferences and seminars
- Assistance with responses to members’ requests
- UECBV Newsletter drafting and monitoring of activities of the EU Institutions and press
Required qualifications and competencies
- University degree preferably in economics or in political science, law
- Experience in agriculture, food sector, trade, public affairs and/or EU Affairs fields is a plus
- Work experience in EU institutions (internship) is a plus
- Good understanding of EU procedures
- Good mathematical and statistical skills
- Excellent communication and language skills: English is a MUST; other EU languages are an asset (particularly French)
- Ability to interpret and analyse complex material and produce simple, reader-friendly summaries
- Pro-active approach and team work oriented
- Standard computer/IT skills, including MS-Windows and its applications; excellent use of MS Excel is an asset
- Flexibility and willingness to learn
- Accuracy and attention to detail; interest and diligence in research work
Should your background and personal experience fit the profile, please send us your complete application, i.e. cover letter clearly stating your motivation and Curriculum Vitae to: email@example.com by 15th October.