Veolia seeks Junior Policy Officer
Junior Policy Officer
Veolia designs and delivers services that are vital to human development and sustainable performance through three complementary business activities: water management, waste management and energy services.
We are recruiting a Junior Policy Officer based in Brussels (Belgium) to integrate into the Group Public Affairs Department.
As Junior Policy Officer, you will be in charge of all different kinds of work relating to the organization and the missions of the representative office including :
- Regulatory and institutional monitoring;
- Drafting of briefs;
- Participation in events and reporting;
- Mapping of actors and institutional relations;
- Specific support actions to operational subsidiaries.
These missions will cover a number of sectors including project financing, public/private partnerships and environmental issues.
The selected candidate will benefit from the opportunity to understand the business and the challenges of the Veolia Group and to further enhance their knowledge of the European decision-making system. This position will help to provide the interface between the technical and operational management of the Group and the regulatory and political world.
- Educational background: Master’s in Law, Social/Human Sciences
- Previous experience: A first significant professional experience, preferably in European affairs (European institutions / firm / consultant / ministry) is required. An experience in or at least an interest for the energy sector would be an asset.
- Skills: interpersonal skills and discretion; strong work capacity and multi-tasking, proficient user of Google Suite, including docs and slides.
- Languages: fluent in English (a native speaker would be an asset) and French; and preferably working knowledge of a third language …
- Other: Strong interpersonal skills including teamwork skill
Length of the assignment : 12 months
Start date : 1st July – 1st August
Type of contract : V.I.E ( Volontariat International en Entreprise)