WhatsApp seeks EMEA Public Policy Manager
EMEA Public Policy Manager
WhatsApp Inc., a subsidiary of Facebook, is seeking a Manager of Public Policy to develop WhatsApp’s policy strategy and engagement in the EMEA region. This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to make an impact as part of a small, nimble team serving more than 1.5 Billion people around the world. Candidates should have strong knowledge of Internet and telecommunications policy issues, such as security, privacy, surveillance, safety and telecommunications regulation. They should also have excellent writing and analytical skills. The person will work closely with the Facebook policy team and other relevant groups at Facebook.
This role is expected to be based in London though other locations in the EMEA region would be considered.
- Develop and deliver WhatsApp’s regional policy strategy
- Identify, monitor, and analyze policy issues affecting WhatsApp in the EMEA region
- Represent WhatsApp in meetings with regional government officials and elected members
- Build coalitions with other regional organizations to advance WhatsApp’s policy goals
- Help to create innovative regional programs for outreach to policy makers
- Work with the global team to develop WhatsApp policy positions in briefing papers, consultation responses and internal policy meetings
- Advise WhatsApp teams on regional public policy matters to guide development of products, services and policies
- Communicate WhatsApp’s positions at public events and with media in the region
- Bachelor degree or equivalent required
- 5+ years of public policy experience
- Experience in tech policy preferred
- Interest in technology and related policy issues
- Superb communications skills
Employers want to know how you found their job advert so please state that you found this position advertised on politjobs.eu.