WindEurope seeks Project Manager – Political Affairs Department
Project Manager – Political Affairs Department
Start: as soon as possible
WindEurope (formerly EWEA, the European Wind Energy Association) is the voice of the wind industry – actively promoting wind power on behalf of member organizations in Europe and worldwide. Our resources are focused on policy activities, lobbying and supporting our members. windeurope.org
With the other project managers in the Stakeholder Support team, be responsible for managing the scope, cost and schedule of specific WindEurope projects, ensuring that all deliverables within deadlines and in-line with required quality. These projects are ones that receive public sector (typically EU) funding and / or internal WindEurope projects such as campaigns, events or other initiatives.
The project manager will have a lead role in one or more projects, acting as overall coordinator. S/he will also have an operational role in one or more projects, involved in the delivery of specific work packages.
- Support and be active in the extensive advocacy network across the EU institutions, national authorities, international organisations and other stakeholders;
- Participate in external events and perform presentations to promote and disseminate the activities and results of EU-funded projects to external audiences;
- Coordinate, participate and actively contribute to WindEurope events.
- Advise WindEurope members on EU-funding that is available and how to access it and how they can participate in specific EU-funded projects;
- Provide information to members on WindEurope EU-project activities and specific project results.
- Funding opportunities: monitor tender and calls for proposals of projects from EU institutions and other appropriate funding bodies;
- Applications for funding: plan, coordinate and produce project proposals to be submitted to the funding bodies in collaboration with other colleagues and external organisations and companies that would be in the project consortium;
- Project management of WindEurope involvement in publicly-funded projects:
- coordinate WindEurope staff in the planning, kick-off, execution, communication and close-out of one or more projects in which WindEurope may be the overall project coordinator or one of the members of the consortium;
- ensure WindEurope and all partners deliver what they are contractually obliged to, that deliverables are coherent with project description and content of other deliverables and that reporting is done correctly;
- ensure that WindEurope receives the due payment for its projects, according to the specific funding programme;
- manage and control project finances including income and expenditures reporting to WindEurope finance staff, and prepare necessary document if an external audit of a project is required;
- Prepare the financial and technical reports required by the funding body with support from WindEurope colleagues and project partners.
Minimum of 2 to 3 years of experience in developing and managing EU-funded projects preferably around renewable energy.
- Strong technical knowledge of project management;
- Outstanding organisational skills;
- Detail-oriented and accurate;
- Problem solving attitude;
- Proven analytical and numerical skills.
EU-policy and advocacy:
- Sound knowledge of energy/renewable energy policies;
- Sound knowledge of the EU institutions and decision-making processes;
- Proven ability to manage complex organisational and political relationships;
- Ability to engage with high level parties.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and networking skills;
- Convincing advocate of renewable energy;
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously;
- Strong ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines;
- Thrives in a multicultural and international environment;
- Computer literate (MS Office, Outlook, website content management systems, CRM/contact databases).
- English (fluent written and verbal) is mandatory;
- Other languages are an asset.
- Competitive package;
- Challenging, international and enthusiastic environment;
- An opportunity to learn more about the wind energy sector while gaining working experience in a dynamic organisation.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter by 20th February 2017 to email@example.com with reference code: WindEurope/2017/01.
Note: only short-listed candidates will be contacted after the deadline.