WindEurope seeks Strategic Communication Advisor
Advisor – Strategic Communication
WindEurope is the association for wind energy in Europe. We represent the entire value chain: turbine manufacturers, power utilities, project developers, component suppliers, contractors, banks, insurance companies, and research institutes. Our members also include the national wind energy associations of all the countries in Europe.
WindEurope actively promotes wind power in Europe and worldwide. Our policy division analyses market and policy trends to formulate positions for the wind industry on strategic issues. It also cooperates with industry and research institutions on a number of market development and technology research projects. Our lobbying and communication activities aim to create an enabling policy framework at EU and national level that helps our members to successfully develop their businesses.
As part of this effort, WindEurope is hiring an Advisor – Strategic Communication to develop and execute initiatives to engage policy makers and other stakeholders. The Advisor – Strategic Communication will support the development of strategic outreach plans, create various advocacy and messaging tools, and draft compelling presentations and speeches for WindEurope’s Management. The Advisor – Strategic Communication reports to the Head of Advocacy & Messaging.
- Articulate compelling messages, stories and other products that help WindEurope and its members to advocate and communicate effectively on its policy priorities;
- Translate WindEurope’s business intelligence products (e.g. statistics, industry trends) into external advocacy and messaging tools;
- Develop a tracking mechanism to collect relevant stories, for example on the economic and societal benefits created by the wind industry in Europe’s regions;
- Support the development and execution of strategic outreach plans for key audiences – using a variety of tools including digital channels, social and traditional media, and other platforms – to ensure that wind industry messages reach key decision makers and stakeholders;
- Coordinate and draft briefings, speeches, talking points and presentations for WindEurope’s Management;
- Coordinate the WindEurope Communications Working Groups and build strong relations with its members, from member companies and national wind energy associations;
- Identify opportunities to strengthen the advocacy and messaging activities of national wind energy associations and WindEurope members;
- Organise policy events that allow WindEurope to communicate wind industry trends and statistics to relevant decision makers and stakeholders;
- Carry out the daily media monitoring;
- Participate in external events to promote and disseminate WindEurope’s messages to relevant audiences;
- Participate and actively contribute to WindEurope’s large events;
- Contribute to the content and optimisation of the WindEurope website;
- Implement and execute membership services in line with WindEurope objectives and strategy;
- Perform other communications related duties as assigned.
- Master in communications, political science, marketing or related field;
- Command of renewable energy and/or energy policy is a strong asset.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in public relations, communications, public affairs or media relations.
- Strong skills to translate complex materials into content that resonates with policy makers and a general audience;
- Ability to understand the wind industry’s key policy priorities and create relevant advocacy and messaging content in a compelling way;
- Experience in managing political outreach plans from inception to completion and measurement;
- Knowledge of strategic stakeholder outreach best practices and trends;
- Proficiency in using social media as a tool for policy maker engagement;
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint skills and experience in drafting creative and convincing slides;
- Fast learner and good analytical skills;
- Sound understanding of EU policy making processes;
- Strong interpersonal communication and networking skills: mature judgement, political acumen, willingness to learn and innovate;
- Creative, motivated and proactive attitude;
- Ability to prioritise, follow through and deliver results;
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented atmosphere as well as independently;
- Strong ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines;
- Thrives in a multicultural and international environment.
- English (fluent written and verbal) is mandatory;
- Other languages, in particular German, French and/or Spanish, are an asset.
- Competitive remuneration package;
- Challenging, international and dynamic environment.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter by 27th April to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference code: WindEurope/2018/05.
Note: only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 weeks post-deadline.