WWF Europe seeks Senior Policy Officer for Renewable Energie (m/f)
WWF’s mission is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature, by conserving the world’s biological diversity, ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable, promoting the reduction of pollution and wasteful consumption.
WWF Europe seeks a
Senior Policy Officer for Renewable Energie (m/f)
- Develops together with the Head of Unit and with the involvement of the European network a three-year strategy on Renewable Energy also by engaging with relevant WWF network colleagues, other NGOs and international institutions in order to support EPOs strategic approach;
- Develops together with the Head of Unit, the EU public affairs team and WWF EPO communications unit an EU advocacy strategy for Renewable Energy for 2016/2017, relating in particular to the upcoming revisions of the Energy market legislation, the renewable energy legislation, the debate on governance and infrastructure files;
- Coordinates the WWF network on renewable energy and energy transition through information, guidance, coordinated advocacy and knowledge leadership;
- Obtains and collates information as required, and drafts materials (e.g. briefings, reports and information materials) to publication standard;
- Represents WWF at key conferences, high level events and meetings with the European institutions and EU Member States;
- Engages with and lobbies politicians, key decision makers, business and other important stakeholders based in Brussels in the field of renewable energy;
- Ensures compliance with standards, both internal and external, for all projects and activities;
- Carries out activities within a fixed budget;
What you need:
- A university degree in the field of energy, political science, environmental science or any other relevant technical degree with over 7 year experience;
- Excellent lobby and advocacy experience and presentation skills;
- Strong analytical, policy advocacy and communications skills;
- Proven ability to act as an organizational spokesperson and interact effectively with government representatives; experience interacting with business would be a strong advantage;
- Strong networking and team building skills appropriate for a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment;
- In depth knowledge about European energy markets and renewable energy;
- In depth knowledge of European institutions and understanding of the complexities of the EU legislative process;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, and an ability to communicate complicated messages authoritatively and clearly to different audiences including through written materials, one-to-one meetings and presentations;
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: “Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging”.
How to apply? Email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 29 November 2015. Late applications will not be considered.