Young European Federalists seek Policy Officer
The Young European Federalists are recruiting a full time Policy Officer to work in the European Secretariat of the organisation in Brussels.
- Support the Secretariat and the Executive Board in drafting policies (policy papers, press releases, statements)
- Support the development and implementation of the advocacy strategy
- Represent and promoting JEF Europe towards external partners (European Institutions, youth and pro-European NGOs)
- Support to the pan-European actions of JEF Europe and its sections
- Support JEF Sections in developing their capacities regarding policy and advocacy
- Policy monitoring on themes linked to the strategic priorities of JEF
Additional tasks may involve
- Assist the Secretary General with reports and grant management
- Support the Secretariat in the implementation of various European projects (events organisation)
- Voluntary article writing/translation in cooperation with The New Federalist
Profile of the ideal candidate
- Professional or voluntary experience with European policy making, advocacy, and representation
- Professional or voluntary engagement in youth NGOs
- Interest and support for the vision, mission, values and political platform of JEF Europe
- Experience with working in a multicultural environment
- An open and avid communicator and a strong team player, proactively including colleagues and member organisations.
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis and to work flexible hours and on weekends, when required
- Willingness to live and work in Belgium. Regular travel abroad is foreseen
- A quick learner with strong ability to develop knowledge on new concepts and adapt to new processes.
Policy & Advocacy skills
- Very good knowledge of the different institutional partners (European Union, Council of Europe) and the policy processes related to them.
- Very good knowledge of the different civil society partners (European Youth Forum, PPYOs, other pro-European movements).
- Ability to advocate effectively and to communicate in an articulated manner to a wide range of audiences both written and orally.
- Ability to formulate a position, analyse documents and monitor processes.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English.
- Ability to research, collate, analyse and summarise information.
- Ability to manage effectively your own time, activities and budget.
- Sociable and at ease in a multicultural environment.
- Proactive, critical, flexible and solution oriented.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team on a common project.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage challenging workload and tight deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Computer literacy: good working knowledge of word processing, and basic online collaborative tools.
Contract: one year fixed term contract – renewable depending on the availability of fundingSalary: 1600€ gross/month + 100% reimbursement of local transport in Brussels
All interested candidates should ideally be able to start working in the European Secretariat in Brussels from 1st April 2018 (the exact dates will be discussed with the successful candidate).
To apply please send your CV and Motivation Letter to email@example.com with “Policy Officer” in the subject line. Deadline for applications: Tuesday 20 March 2018 23:59 CET. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis. Therefore we encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible.