Advocacy Intern (m/f/d)
The International Rehabilitation Council for Torture Victims (IRCT) is looking for an
Advocacy Intern (m/f/d)
The IRCT is seeking a motivated intern to join our Advocacy Team in the European Affairs Office in Brussels for a period of six months. The Advocacy Intern will support the IRCT develop and further its strategic advocacy on advancing the rights of survivors of torture in the European Union. The ideal candidate has excellent writing skills and will have some knowledge of the Common European Asylum System either through their studies or through prior experience. The internship will be based in Brussels, Belgium.
- Carrying out research on the Common European Asylum System;
- Support in drafting policy papers;
- Drafting news stories;
- Supporting the coordination of and communication with IRCT members;
- Attending meetings in Brussels.
- Knowledge of EU Asylum acquis;
- Excellent English writing skills;
- Organised and detail-oriented;
- Ability to deliver to deadlines;
- Ability to communicate with clarity and adapt communication style to different audiences;
- Ability to collate and analyse different sources of information.
- Salary in line with the Belgian convention d’immersion professionnelle;
- A stimulating, dynamic and international work environment with the opportunity to grow and learn professionally.
IRCT is the leading global association on torture rehabilitation with 161 members in 76 countries. A small team based in Copenhagen, with an office in Brussels and staff in Mexico and Hawaii, coordinates the collective work of members. The association is governed by its membership and aspires to be the global unified voice of the torture rehabilitation movement. .
How to apply
If this appeals to you, please send your CV and a letter of motivation in English to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is Friday 30 July 2021. Interviews are expected to take place online in the week of August 9 2021. Should you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Dastan Salehi (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you would like to learn more about the IRCT, please visit www.irct.org.
Please note, unfortunately, we are only able to open this position to people who have an existing right to work in Belgium.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. We are committed to equality and diversity within our organisation, and to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities.
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!