Assistant (m/f/d) in the Field of Financial Management and Ex-ante Control
Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists & Democrats in the European Parliament searches an
in the Field of Financial Management and Ex-ante Control
Temporary Agent Grade AST 2
The S&D Group in the European Parliament is recruiting an assistant, Temporary Agent grade AST 2, in the field of Financial Management and Ex-ante Control.
The nature and the level of the duties to be carried out include:
- the appropriateness of the budget line;
- the examination of procedures to be followed including public procurement;
- the preparation of the legal commitment;
- the examination of the invoice and cost claims;
- the preparation of the payment file, including VAT procedures;
- the preparation of the forecast of revenue and recovery orders, etc. until termination of the operation;
- follow-up of credit notes and advances;
- introducing the transaction in the local application.
Candidates must fulfil the following conditions:
- be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union;
- enjoy full rights as a citizen;
- have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the laws concerning military service;
- produce the appropriate character references for the performance of their duties.
Qualifications and professional experience required:
- a level of post-secondary education attested by an officially recognised diploma showing completion of studies in the field of finance followed by a minimum of three years’ professional experience; or
- a level of secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education, and at least five years’ relevant professional experience.
A thorough knowledge of either English or French is required and a good knowledge of either English, French, German or Spanish is required. Knowledge of other official languages of the European Union will be taken into account.
The work requires frequent travel outside Brussels, in particular to Strasbourg.
The selection procedure will be on the basis of qualifications and tests.
Those interested can find all the necessary information in the notice of recruitment on the EP S&D Group website: (http://www.socialistsanddemocrats.eu) together with the application form.
The instructions contained in the Notice of Recruitment must be strictly adhered to. The application form together with the supporting documents must be sent by registered post with receipt of delivery by Monday 2 March 2020 at the latest (date of postmark).
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!