Business Development & Project Manager (m/f/d)
MDF Training & Consultancy is looking for a
Business Development & Project Manager (m/f/d)
The branch of MDF Training & Consultancy in Brussels is looking to reinforce its team with a: Business Development & Project Manager, based in Brussels, Belgium
We are MDF Training & Consultancy, an organisation with over 35 years of experience in providing management training, advisory, project implementation and evaluation services worldwide to the most reputable international development and humanitarian networks and agencies. We do this by empowering individuals, organisations and networks to strengthen their impact and make a positive contribution to the 2030 SGDs agenda. We employ over 130 professionals in our offices in the Netherlands, Bangladesh, Benin, Brussels, DR-Congo, Ghana, Indonesia, Myanmar, Kenya and Vietnam.
MDF Brussels is the MDF office specialised in EU affairs. Situated in the heart of the EU capital, our mission is to contribute to strengthening the capacities of development actors working with EU funds. We offer a full package of consultancy services in the field of management of projects and procedures for EU External Actions. Our clients are EU institutions and other public institutions, civil society organisations and private sector. In this context, we contribute to capacity development through EU training programmes such as “Training on Financial and Contractual Procedures in the framework of the 11th European Development Fund (EDF)”, “EU Aid Volunteers initiative: training programme and training of candidate volunteers”, “Provision of the General Online Training to European Solidarity Corps Participants”. We deliver technical assistance for capacity development programmes, mainly in the field of:
- Project management (LFA, PCM, Theory of change and Monitoring & Evaluation);
- PRAG financial and contractual procedures (for services, supplies, works and grants);
- DG ECHO financial and contractual procedures;
- Training of Trainers;
- Leadership skills.
Purpose of the role
In order to reinforce our team in Brussels and to strengthen MDF globally, we are looking for a Business Development & Project Manager in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid, with particular focus on EU service contracts.
As Business Development & Project Manager, you are responsible for managing bids and projects within the main areas of work of MDF. You are responsible for all phases of the projects, from identification of a tender opportunity to bid submission, and from project inception to closure, ensuring quality of service and minimising operational and financial risks. Projects may vary in nature and specific sectors, but our main focus is on training and capacity building initiatives, technical assistance projects, and project and programme evaluations.
The prospective Business Development & Project Manager will closely collaborate with the rest of the team as well as external consultants and partners and reports directly to the Branch Director.
Business Development and Project acquisition
- You will participate in the development of new bids (including early intelligence, consortium building, proposal writing, budget preparation, experts’ selection, administrative and technical compliance);
- You will manage and expand our network of experts, clients and partners;
- You will collaborate with other MDF offices worldwide to acquire large projects;
- You will contribute to manage the internal databases of CVs and past project references;
- You will contribute to the MDF Brussels business development strategy.
- You will ensure successful implementation of projects, with a results-based approach;
- You will provide backstopping;
- You will ensure optimal organisation of the expert team work, the delivery of high quality results as well as sound project financial management;
- You will ensure client relations, represent MDF in the daily project operations and contribute to its positive reputation;
- You will actively participate in MDF working groups (regional, technical and thematic) in view of building internal best practices and know-how;
- When possible, you will participate in training and technical assistance projects as an expert.
Desired competencies and experience
- Relevant academic background – preferably a Master’s degree in international development cooperation, or a relevant social science or humanities related area;
- 3-5 years’ experience in Project Management in development cooperation and/or humanitarian aid;
- Demonstrable experience in acquiring EU service contracts;
- Good understanding of development and humanitarian contexts and of relevant EU cooperation policies and instruments;
- Demonstrable experience with EU procedures for external action (PRAG) and possibly other donors’ funding procedures;
- Ability to work on several different projects at the same time, flexibility in switching from one task or project to the next;
- Proactivity and capacity of independent decision-making and problem solving attitude;
- Good writing skills, excellent communication and listening skills, cross-cultural sensitivity, open-minded, interactive, empathic, well organised;
- Capacity to work autonomously as well as in a team, capacity to steer an acquisition or project implementation team;
- Excellent command of English and French (spoken and written). Fluency in other relevant languages is an asset;
- Computer-literate with strong capacities with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- You live in or are willing to relocate to Brussels (or at daily travelling distance from Brussels).
What we offer
- You will be part of an international working environment, and work in a team that offers solid experience, a large degree of freedom, keeps up high standards and initiative. You have the opportunity to keep developing yourself and you will receive an internal training trajectory covering a variety of subjects in international development;
- Duration: initially for 1 year with the possibility of extension into a permanent contract;
- Flexible working hours with 2 days of remote working per week;
- Remuneration and benefits in line with the market practices for the sector.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a motivation letter (in English or in French) via e-mail to email@example.com by 10 October 2021, mentioning “Business Development & Project Manager” in the subject field. Preselected candidates will be invited for an interview in second half of October 2021. Only preselected candidates will be contacted. Starting date work foreseen 2ndNovember 2021. The starting date can be flexible.
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!