European Funding Director (m/f/d)
CEP is looking for an
European Funding Director (m/f/d)
The Counter Extremism Project (CEP) is a not-for-profit, non-partisan, international policy organization formed to combat the growing threat from extremist ideology. Led by a renowned group of former world leaders and former diplomats it combats extremism by pressuring financial support networks, countering the narrative of extremists and their online recruitment, and advocating for smart laws, policies, and regulations. CEP has offices in Brussels, Berlin, London and New York.
CEP is seeking a dedicated European Funding Director with excellent communication and organization skills, as well as a demonstrated grant writing and fundraising track record. S/he must be able to quickly familiarize themselves with CEP’s programming and draft required documents independently. S/he must be able to interact and maintain professional relationships with CEP experts, advisory board members, and donors. S/he will report directly to and work in close coordination with CEP’s Executive Director.
Proposal writing, identifying EU, member state and public sector funding opportunities, and cultivating relationships with donors are major components of the position. The successful candidate will be able to maintain a steady base of donors and grant programming while identifying new opportunities based on CEP’s expertise and programs. S/he will have strong communication, organization, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Conduct research to identify potential donors and funding opportunities and develop an outreach approach in coordination with the Executive Director;
- In close coordination with the Executive Director, work with CEP programmatic staff, experts, and advisors to build fundraising and engagement strategies;
- Prepare and draft proposals, solicitation letters, online fundraising content, and other materials for contribution appeals;
- Prepare applications for specific grant funding, including proposed budgets;
- Prepare and draft overview reports as well as specific programming reports;
- Ensure compliance with reporting requirements of donors/grants;
- Translate technical information into accessible, readable language to highlight CEP’s unique programming and value to stakeholders;
- Create and manage a development calendar to track deadlines for fundraising opportunities and grant reporting;
- Develop a fundraising database to (1) ensure that all development-related information is tracked accurately and entered in a timely fashion; and (2) track correspondence and meetings with donors;
- Perform other duties as required or assigned by the Executive Director.
Events (pending COVID-19 pandemic restrictions)
- Assist with special events (e.g. briefings with experts, fundraising dinners/lunches, etc.);
- Represent CEP at third-party events in order to expand the organization’s network and cultivate new funding prospects.
- Demonstrated track record in attaining EU, member state and public sector funding for non-profits;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience in prospect research and writing successful grant proposals;
- Meticulous budgetary skills;
- Superior attention to detail;
- Ability to develop, implement, and monitor fundraising strategies;
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, especially in a fast-paced work environment;
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and individually;
- High-level of self-motivation and ability to set and meet goals/deadlines;
- Relevant third level qualification;
- 8+ years of work experience.
- Excellent presentation skills and knowledge of different presentation platforms;
- Strong command of Adobe tools (particularly Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop);
- Foreign language skills (particularly German or French);
- Interest in and knowledge of counter-extremism policy and foreign policy;
- Understanding of various extremist groups.
Please send a cover letter, CV, and two writing samples to Marykate Collins on email@example.com.
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!