Climate Projects Coordinator (m/f/d)
OSF – Open Society Foundations is looking for a
Climate Projects Coordinator (m/f/d)
Open Society European Policy Institute (OSEPI)
Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits
Fixed term for 3 years
Do you want to help make the world a better place and advance climate action with your project management, research, and interpersonal skills? We are seeking a Climate Projects Coordinator (Internal title of Program Analyst) based in Brussels to support the coordination and implementation of the OSF Initiative on Systemic Climate Action. This initiative focuses on the global effects of European climate policies to promote an effective, just, and inclusive transition to a zero-carbon economy. The role is fixed term for 3 years.
The Open Society Foundations work to build vibrant and inclusive democracies whose governments are accountable and open to the participation of all people. We are active in more than 120 countries, making us the world’s largest private funder of independent groups working for justice, democratic governance, and human rights.
OSEPI is the EU policy and advocacy branch of the Open Society Foundations network, based in Brussels. OSEPI works to influence and advise decision-making on EU laws, policy, funding, and external action to maintain and promote open societies in Europe and beyond.
As a Climate Projects Coordinator (Program Analyst) at Open Society, you will:
- Create processes and provide support to the team manager in planning, organization and internal reporting;
- Prepare grants and contracts, and assist with budget planning, monitoring, and financial reports;
- Manage relations and collaborate within OSF and its partners to ensure coordination and coherence, implementation and strategic planning;
- Co-organise events with partners and collaborate closely with OSF communications and outreach teams for events, media outreach, and social media;
- Provide background research on EU and global climate policies and trends, drafting summaries from events and internal meetings;
- Provide flexible support to advocacy opportunities that emerge in support of OSF’s Climate Initiative, including coordinating briefings.
What we are looking for:
- Five to seven years of work experience, preferably with prior experience in research, project management, and budget oversight;
- Demonstrated understanding of, or experience with, EU and international climate policy;
- Proven experience coordinating projects or teams;
- Fluent spoken and written English; knowledge of other EU languages is an asset;
- Excellent organisational skills, with attention to detail;
- Strong communication and writing skills with the ability to summarize complex policy issues;
- Commitment to continuous learning and growth in the areas of diversity, equity, inclusion, antiracism and social justice;
- Commitment to listening and working with humility; ways of working that are respectful to all people; and that support space and voice for all diverse perspectives in our workplace.
What we offer:
- Ample opportunities to learn and grow, from annual professional development allowances to onsite trainings and brown bag lunches with visiting experts;
- Top-notch benefits and perks designed for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance. With some variability according to location, this includes generous time off, flexible work arrangements, employer-paid health insurance, generous retirement savings plan, progressive paid parental leave, reproductive and family planning support, sabbatical opportunities, and much more;
- A commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that enables everyone to bring their full self to work and make a positive impact on the world.
If this sounds like the position you have been looking for, please submit your cover letter and CV on our website; we look forward to learning more about you.
Please note, this position is not eligible for work authorization sponsorship.
Closing date: 27 September 2021.
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!