Communications Intern (m/f/d)
EATG – European AIDS Treatment Group is seeking a
Communications Intern (m/f/d)
We are looking for a Communications intern, on a full-time basis, to be part of the European AIDS Treatment Group team in Brussels for 12 months, starting in March 2021.
The European AIDS Treatment Group (EATG) is a not for profit European network of nationally-based volunteer activists comprising of more than 180 members from 47 countries in Europe and Central Asia. Our members are representatives of different communities affected by HIV/AIDS. The nature of the EATG implies that it has members all over WHO Europe and sometimes even beyond.
Since its foundation, the EATG has been at the forefront of the development of the civil society response to the HIV/AIDS epidemic in Europe. It represents and defends the treatment-related interests of people living with HIV/AIDS. Our activities focus on treatment literacy and treatment advocacy. A major goal for EATG, when it was founded in 1992, was supporting the simultaneous development of therapies in Europe, including not only antiretroviral therapies, but as well as treatments for opportunistic infections and other AIDS related conditions.
Communications Assistance for EATG and EATG Projects (Estimation 60% of working time):
Social Media, Websites:
- Assist in the administration of Facebook page and branded Facebook groups, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram – and other social networks if relevant;
- Draft and organize social media content to promote blogs, videos and media coverage on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram;
- Assist in the administration of content management system/website (WordPress);
- Assist in the administration of newsletters (Mailchimp);
- Contribute to social media and website quantitative and qualitative analytics reporting;
- Create and coordinate content for social media campaigns and observances;
- Monitor and research influencers, trending topics and tools;
- Source content from staff and members;
- General social media planning, research, reporting and coordination as assigned.
Writing and Editing:
- Content writing for website and newsletters (throughout projects);
- Input on project reports and outreach materials Corporate bios;
- Project descriptions.
Photo, Video and Graphics:
- Edit and format photos and videos for social media and web;
- Photo, video and audio editing;
- Gifs, animations and graphics;
- Digital asset management.
- Help compile and update media contact lists;
- Assist with press release/media advisory writing, editing, distribution, and media outreach.
General/Project Assistance (Estimation: 40% of working time):
- Development of and involvement in projects and activities through policy and advocacy, training and capacity building or research;
- Support in preparation of meetings (agendas, contacting participants etc.);
- Support during meetings and events (including meetings abroad);
- Administrative and logistical support to programme managers and project officers;
- Support in minute taking, reporting (reviewing/formatting);
- Other duties as assigned;
- General clerical duties including filing, drafting of documents, updating office and activity agenda;
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree in Communication, Journalism, Digital and Mass Media or relevant;
- Have EU nationality and/or right to work in Belgium without a work permit;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, any other language is an asset (especially Russian);
- Very good command of MS Office package (Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint);
- Very good command of content creation tools (i.e. Canva, Spark and Adobe suite) and platforms under responsibilities;
- Involvement in the HIV field and non-profits is an asset;
- Organised and pro-active person;
- Non-discriminative and discreet with confidential information;
- Availability to travel.
How to apply
There are 2 parts to the application process:
Part 1. Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching one pdf file containing only a cover letter (maximum 1 page) and a CV (maximum 2 pages), in English, detailing your competencies and experience relevant to this role and your reasons for applying for the post. The file name must include the job title and your full name, and the email subject must include the position name only.
Part 2. Simultaneously please fill in the online application form to facilitate the selection process via https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/EATGcommsintern.
Application deadline: midnight CET, 10th February 2021
Type of Position: Internship
Contract: convention d’immersion professionnelle/beroepsinlevings-overeenkomst
Renumeration: 1000 EUR per month plus 100% public transport subscription (home – office) once remote working ends
Working hours per week: 38
Starting Date: in March 2021
Due to COVID-19, working from home is obligatory until further notice. The intern will receive a laptop to fulfil the internship at a distance.
Any application arriving after the deadline, without the stipulated file requirements or without a submitted application form, will not be considered.
Please note that only applicants that are selected for interview will be contacted.
The EATG is an “equal opportunity employer.” The employer will not discriminate and will take “affirmative action” measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, creed, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, gender or sex.
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!