Communications Officer (m/f/d)
The Communications Officer works to enhance content from all teams and offices for the organization’s online presence. These tasks require interfacing with multiple teams at the headquarters and regional offices to gather information, prioritizing content, and staying ahead of news and events. The officer handles writing, editing and targeting dissemination for the promotion of the organization’s key issues, event and resources. Primary areas of focus are media, outreach, website and social media, as identified in International IDEA’s communications strategy. The communications officer provides support in accordance with the Unit’s needs and requirements.
Communications Officer (m/f/d)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides communications and media support to the organization’s events;
- Responds to media/press inquiries and pitches Op-Eds and stories to media for placement;
- Contributes to and regularly update the organization’s press lists and CRM;
- Serves as one of the team’s content editors. Writes and edits web articles, tweets, social media posts, press releases and other outreach content;
- Creates clear infographics and digital assets for use online and in presentations;
- Creates compelling and informative videos that present the organization’s work and results;
- Serves as the in-house videographer with expert knowledge on video equipment, livestreaming and editing in Adobe Premiere;
- Serves as the in-house photographer with good technical skills and editing in Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom;
- Implements International IDEA’s social media strategy for all social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook); Reviews and updates the organization’s social media guidelines as needed;
- Maintains the social media calendar with input from the programme and communications teams;
- Coordinates the timely content development of a quarterly newsletter with programme colleagues and manages an editorial calendar for the proposed content and themes;
- Monitors and reports on impact and analytics as requested;
- Regularly attends select programme team meetings to stay well-informed about planned activities, upcoming events and campaigns; Proactively identifies key counterparts across programme teams to facilitate information sharing.
- Has developed specialized skills or is multi-skilled developed through job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience;
- Adds considerable value to team-based activities in his/her unit, and likely to act as an informal resource for colleagues; collaborates with other entities of the Institute as required;
- Follows internal procedures to ensure high standards of performance and compliance with Institutional guidelines; and
- Integrates a gender and diversity perspective in all activities.
- Communications Manager.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and spoken;
- Proven experience in preparing and writing material for social media channels and a range of traditional media and for the web;
- Proficiency in using Drupal, HTML, CSS style sheets, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative (especially Photoshop and InDesign) and multimedia software are assets;
- Knowledge of international media and familiarity with mainstream and specialized media channels.
Operational knowledge, skills and experience
- Integrates a results-based approach into his/her activities;
- Understands how the assigned duties relate to others in the team and how the team integrates with others throughout the organization;
- Uses knowledge of how the team integrates with others to accomplish team objectives;
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, ability to handle confidential information and to work in a multicultural team;
- Able to meet deadlines and work in fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work both independently, with minimum supervision and in teams;
- Illustrates integrity, a collaborative spirit, a sense of achievement, and an understanding of risk management.
- Is confident in offering solutions to problems in situations that are atypical or infrequently occurring based on practice and existing precedents or procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Recognizes and solves typical problems that can occur in own work area; evaluates and selects solutions from established options;
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills;
- Liaises regularly with all internal (International IDEA regional and country offices and headquarters) and external stakeholders involved in his/her projects;
- Acts in all assignments with personal energy and engagement;
- Shows initiative and a willingness to learn;
- English: Fluent written and oral. Knowledge of Spanish, Arabic, Swedish or French (written and oral) would be an asset.
Education and Experience
- University degree in communications, journalism, international relations or a related subject;
- 5 years professional experience, including substantial internships, as a journalist or writer in communications for development, with a focus in social media and preferably in an international context;
- Expert graphic design skills and ability to use all Adobe tools;
- Experience of working in an international context, e.g. in an intergovernmental organization, considered an advantage.
Terms of Contract
- Local Post;
- Two (2) year fixed term appointment;
- SEK 30,202 NET per month.
Please note as this is a local post, International IDEA will bear no costs relating to relocation of the selected candidate to the duty station. This position is open to those currently legally authorized to live and work in Sweden.
Applying for this position
Applications should be submitted online no later than 24:00 (CET) 15 November 2019.
You may apply directly by pressing the Send Application button. Please note that all applications must be made in English.
International IDEA is an equal opportunity employer which seeks to further diversify its staff in terms of gender, culture and nationality.
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!