ESIP – European Social Insurance Platform is looking for a
Expected starting date: 1 February 2022
Founded in 1996, the European Social Insurance Platform (ESIP) is a unique platform gathering the national statutory social security institutions from 17 Member States and Switzerland. ESIP currently represents over 50 national organisations active in the field of health, pensions, occupational disease and accident insurance, disability and rehabilitation, family benefits and unemployment. Our headquarters are based in the heart of Brussels, close to the EU institutions. The aims of ESIP and its members are to preserve high profile social security for Europe, to reinforce solidarity-based social insurance systems and to maintain European social protection quality. ESIP is an advocacy group presenting the views of social security systems to European decision-makers, developing common positions and acting as a consultation forum for the European institutions and other actors in the field of social security.
Details of the position
ESIP is looking for an experienced professional to take over responsiblity from the current Director.
The Director manages the ESIP team, comprising 2 policy officers and a secretary. He/She coordinates ESIP’s policy work under the supervision of ESIP’s Board of Governors. The Director will be located in Brussels, Belgium. We are looking for a dynamic, autonomous and communicative person who is able to handle a diverse workload and who will lead advocacy campaigns and have an impact on EU policies. We offer a great opportunity to contribute to shaping policies with huge implications for social security in Europe, a competitive salary, a company pension scheme, luncheon vouchers and 30 days annual leave.
- Managing the daily administration of the ESIP office, including human resources management and coordinating the work of the ESIP staff;
- Monitoring EU policy in the field of Health and Social policy and in other fields relevant to social security;
- Preparing and overseeing ESIP’s positions, publications and contributions to public consultations;
- Managing the ESIP budget and overseeing the internal finances and accounts;
- Preparing the General Assembly, Board of Governors and Internal Finance Committee meetings;
- Proactively representing the ESIP vis-a-vis- the European Institutions, Brussels based associations, think-tanks and other relevant stakeholders, at events and in framework programmes, at networking groups etc.;
- Building strengthening and maintaining relevant contacts with representatives of the European Institutions and stakeholders;
- Coordinating the work of the Medicines Evaluation Committee (MEDEV): liaising with the Chair/s, organising the meetings and communications, monitoring EU policy in the field of pharmaceuticals, attending and reporting on events, managing the website, service agreement, budget and finances.
- A university (Master or higher) degree;
- At least 3 years of work experience in a similar position;
- In depth expertise of European Affairs and in particular Health and Social Policy;
- Excellent writing and authoring skills including for legal texts;
- Excellent proficiency in English and French;
- Strong understanding and experience of the EU policy stakeholder environment and EU decision-making processes;
- Meeting facilitation (negotiation and crisis management);
- Excellent computer and numeracy skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a small team;
- Organised and able to manage multiple priorities;
- Autonomous, self-motivated & creative;
- Multicultural sensitivity;
- People-oriented, open-minded and team-player.
The position is based in the ESIP Brussels Office, Rue d’Arlon, 50, 1000 Brussels.
How to apply?
Please send a letter of motivation, CV and any references by clicking on the link below. The letter of motivation should clearly demonstrate why you want the position and how your skills and experience are relevant to the job requirements above.
Closing date for applications: 8 November 2021
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!