Emergency Evacuation Coordinator (m/f/d)
Activist in Risk Zones (ARZ) Fridays for Future (FFF) is looking for an
Emergency Evacuation Coordinator (m/f/d)
About Activists in Risk Zones Fridays for Future (ARZ FFF Task Force):
ARZ FFF is a task force created in 2019 to rescue twenty Climate activists who were arrested in May 2019 in Tabriz, for protesting against the state politics. We continue to support and advocate on behalf of activists all over the world whose well-being or legal rights are being threatened. We are composed of young activists who are members of the larger youth-led Fridays For Future movement.
About Climate 2025:
Climate 2025 is a non-profit social enterprise that exists to support emerging movements working for urgent systemic change in response to the climate and ecological emergency. Climate 2025 delivers accelerated action to non-charitable movements and radical change-makers through movement building, campaign support, fiscal hosting, access to funding, and partnership development.
About the Emergency Evacuation Coordinator Role
Since mid-August, ARZ FFF has been diligently working to answer the call of fellow activists in Afghanistan seeking immediate evacuation.
Throughout this period, we have responded to and collected information for climate and social justice activists, journalists, and other humanitarian actors (along with their families) who are active targets or at-risk of becoming targets of the Taliban. ARZ FFF has managed to successfully complete a first evacuation mission and is currently engaged in two active evacuation efforts with close partners on the ground. In the face of this ongoing crisis and as additional opportunities for future evacuations arise, we are actively seeking to hire a full-time Emergency Evacuation Coordinator to strengthen our capacity to manage these efforts and support us in bringing additional activists to safety.
This position is available immediately and is for one month with the possibility for extension.
- Manage and maintain a list (and corresponding documents) of over 900 climate and social justice activists, journalists, humanitarian workers and their families; solicit and compile any missing information as relevant
- Work closely with partner organisations conducting evacuations to provide information, coordinate efforts, and liaise with evacuees on the ground
- Coordinate with ARZ FFF working groups to research, identify, and establish connections with organisations, governments, or individuals coordinating evacuations, advocating for third-country visas, and providing post-settlement support
- Provide oversight and review to ensure confidential information and material is properly and securely received, transmitted, handled, stored, and accounted for
- Provide updates and report on progress to relevant members of ARZ FFF team
- A minimum of 2 years experience in humanitarian relief efforts, emergency management or a related field (field experience in Central Asia or Middle East specially in Afghanistan would be beneficial)
- A strong affinity for accuracy and detail
- Excellent critical thinking, organizational, strategic planning, and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Flexibility to make quick decisions as situations change and develop
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, and emotional stress.
- Willing to work outside of the standard 9a.m. – 5p.m work hours and to be on-call as the situation requires (Flexibility to travel abroad on short notice is beneficial but not required)
- Candidates must be fluent in English w/strong preference for those fluent in Farsi and Pashto (good or excellent knowledge of the German language, spoken and written, is beneficial but not required)
Salary: 3,000-4,500€/per month; commensurate with experience
Start date: Immediately
To apply, please complete this form and upload your CV and Cover Letter in pdf format. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and closed once the position is filled.
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!