Environmental Policy Advisor (m/f/d)
amfori is looking for an
Environmental Policy Advisor (m/f/d)
At amfori we believe in a world where all trade delivers social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone. We call this Trade with Purpose.
As the leading global business association for open and sustainable trade, we bring together over 2,300 retailers, importers, brands and national associations representing a combined turnover of more than one trillion euros.
We offer our members a practical framework and world-class tools that enable them to manage the social and environmental performance of their supply chains and anticipate trends. We also advocate for progressive policy and collaborate with high-level stakeholders to achieve common aims.
Our work enables organisations to enhance human prosperity, use natural resources responsibly and drive open trade globally. These are major challenges across the world which require a collaborative effort to tackle. So, while our members can’t solve them on their own, together we can influence and drive positive change at scale.
About the role
As Environmental Policy Advisor at amfori you will be:
- Contribute and implement amfori’s advocacy approach in the field of environmental sustainability and supply chain policies with the aim to increase amfori’s influence and capacity to advocate the cause of open and sustainable trade and to promote the amfori BEPI tools;
- Be the go-to-person for knowledge and information on environmental policy debates and legislative/regulatory developments;
- Coordinate all environmental advocacy activities with the Network Representatives;
- Monitor, assess and report on International/European and National environmental policy debates, and legislative and regulatory developments that could directly or indirectly affect the mission of amfori and its members;
- Initiate and maintain constructive relations with governmental stakeholders at the International, European and national levels in close partnership with our local Network Representatives;
- Manage the association’s environmental project groups to raise members awareness on policy topics, collect members feedback and input and work collaboratively on amfori s positioning;
- Partner and build strong relationships with other experts within the Public Affairs division and other amfori functions so as to align amfori advocacy strategy with our vision and our tools.
- The environmental advisor needs to draft and disseminate impactful positions that advance the cause of “Trade with Purpose”;
- The environmental advisor needs to ensure participation of the relevant stakeholders in the position making;
- The environmental advisor must foster dialogue, collaboration and act as a revolving door (communicate the views of the stakeholders internally and amfori externally);
- The environmental advisor must advise the organisation and its members on the impact of environmental developments on the tools and services of the organisation.
- Degree level in European affairs, political sciences, legal studies or an equivalent relevant area. A scientific background in environmental sciences could also be welcome;
- Excellent proficiency of English (mother tongue equivalent); other languages are a plus;
- Excellent writing, presentation and analytical skills;
- 2 to 5 years of professional experience in a public affairs role;
- Have a strong interest for sustainability and a good overview of environmental policy issues;
- Solid knowledge of issues related to Circular Economy, Climate Change, Deforestation and Chemicals policies;
- Good understanding of REACH regulations;
- Good educational/teaching/pedagogical skills;
- Demonstrated networking skills;
- Knowledge of business and understanding of supply chains challenges is definitely an asset.
- Permanent contract;
- Remuneration package, which includes lunch vouchers, group insurance, DKV hospital and dental insurance and contribution to public transportation for commute to work;
- Possible travel within Europe; and
- An exciting international environment located in the heart of Brussels.
The candidate would be expected to work from amfori’s main office in Brussels.
How to apply
To apply send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com mentioning ‘Environmental Policy Advisor’ in the subject line.
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!