EU Policy Team Manager (m/f/d)
DeHavilland EU in Brussels is looking for a
EU Policy Team Manager (m/f/d)
Do you have excellent knowledge of EU institutions and public affairs?
Do you live and breathe the comings and goings of the ‘Brussels bubble’?
Would you like to help build up the best political intelligence offering in the EU market?
DeHavilland has been the leading provider of political information and intelligence for Westminster for over 20 years, and now, with your help, we are looking to do the same in Brussels.
Our policy team already provides political intelligence to some of the most influential organisations operating in the EU, helping them achieve their public affairs and policy goals.
The policy team manager will be responsible both for managing the team’s day-to-day activities, and for setting the tone and standards for the rest of the team to aspire to. You will be the ‘face’ of the business in Brussels, building and maintaining relationships and using your policy knowledge to provide insight to DeHavilland’s customers.
DeHavilland EU already has an outstanding offering within financial services, transport and energy, and we are looking for someone with expertise in one of these areas.
As line manager to the four other people (and growing) you will enjoy the satisfaction of developing others, and directly contributing to the future direction of the business.
- Raise your profile and that of DeHavilland by attending and taking part in events and contributing and executing ideas for impactful content and products;
- Work with the Head of Service to manage the EU policy team to ensure all members are providing the best service to clients;
- Take a leading role in growing your portfolio and communicating opportunities across the business;
- Provide written and verbal political intelligence to your clients.
Your experience and knowledge:
- At least four years’ experience in a political/public affairs or policy role in Brussels;
- Excellent knowledge of EU institutions and the policy process in Brussels;
- Experience working on energy, transport or financial services policy in a consultancy and/or the European Parliament;
- Line management experience is not essential, but the desire to lead and develop team members is.
Your skills and attributes:
- Ability to deliver information accurately and impactfully in a fast-paced environment;
- First-class writing and verbal communication skills in English at native level or equivalent;
- A keen eye for quality and attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including communication and a commitment to give and seek feedback;
- Flexibility, great team-work, high personal motivation.
This is a Brussels-based role. At present, the successful candidate will work from home but must be prepared to attend events and meetings in Brussels once restrictions allow.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why you’d be the best candidate for the role to: email@example.com. Please include “Policy Team Manager application” in the subject line.
Closing date for applications: 18 June 2021
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!