Event Producer/Organiser (m/f/d)
ESN – European Social Network is looking for an
Event Producer/Organiser (m/f/d)
The European Social Network (ESN) is looking for a talented and dynamic Event Producer/Organiser to join our international team in Brussels, Belgium.
Responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of the annual conference, our flagship event and other international events.
An entrepreneurial leader, experienced in the delivery of high-profile events, this is an exciting opportunity to further develop a well-established international conference and events programme with a strong 29-year record.
We are the European Network for professionals in public social services, throughout 150 national, regional, and local public social services institutions, and present in 35 European countries (www.esn-eu.org).
Supported by the European Commission, ESN promotes the development of effective social policy and social care practice through the exchange of knowledge and expertise. ESN contributes to European policymaking in social, health and education policy to improve people’s life chances through quality public social services.
ESN organises the European Social Services Conference -arriving to its 30th year in 2022 (www.essc-eu.org), the European Social Services Awards -launched in 2019 (www.essa-eu.org) and a set of varied activities under the EC EaSI programme, like different working groups and an annual seminar.
- To develop an exciting annual conference with other team members and develop other events that are both informative and engaging, linking policy themes with partners and a wider audience;
- To develop a marketing strategy, involving communications and outreach, website design, member & partner engagement, as well as the development of a mobile app;
- To manage the budget, oversee all contract negotiations (venue, insurance, safety, AV, interpretation, and others) and ensure financial controls and reporting;
- To manage the organisational systems and processes and, streamline tasks accordingly working closely with other team members;
- To build a strong brand identity for flagship events, ensuring that:
- the themes are communicable/relevant to the network members and other stakeholders;
- that it is in connection with ESN’s work using all available online platforms; and
- that it provides an in-depth engagement with the wider community.
- To commission and oversee the development of audio-visual design, including videos, promotional materials, booklets, website design and stage set;
- To commission and oversee the development of event-related mobile apps and link to inter-activity of the event;
- To develop and ensure the growth of corporate partnerships and exhibition spaces;
- To promote ESN as the leading knowledge exchange forum for public social services in Europe;
- To promote good working relationships with ESN members and other stakeholders;
- To develop good relationships between ESN and international and other government institutions, national and regional authorities, and other stakeholders;
- To manage one intern and a team of volunteers at the conference.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Substantial experience in international events production and delivery;
- Experience of delivering income-generating events, preferably at international level;
- Experience of sponsorship development and CSR, showing a proven ability to meet sponsorship revenue targets;
- Experience of identifying, securing, and managing the participation of high-profile speakers;
- Communications and digital marketing experience;
- Experience of event budget management;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to liaise and communicate with colleagues at all levels and from different cultures, as well as with government authorities and private partners;
- Excellent attention to detail and be able to have an eye on the bigger picture;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure;
- Knowledge and/or interest in social policy;
- University degree, training in project development and management;
- Near native fluency in English -ESN’s working language;
- Other European languages are welcome.
Salary and Conditions
Full-time position (38h/week), 1 year contract with possibly of extension.
Remuneration according to the experience and with Belgian legislation (single/double holiday payment, lunch vouchers, travel reimbursement), plus other advantages (hospitalization insurance, eco-vouchers, additional Christmas leave).
We offer the opportunity to work with a well-respected European network working for a more social and inclusive society, in a multicultural work environment.
In a single PDF file, no longer than 3 pages, to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your CV;
- A personal statement detailing your experience on key criteria like:
- Successful organisation of international events;
- Successful conclusion of revenue-generating partnerships with sponsors;
- Ability to communicate with representatives of all government levels and the private sector, and to create an event programme.
Only applications following these guidelines will be considered.
Deadline for applications: Monday 25th Oct 2021 @ midnight CEST (Brussels time).
Candidates must have a valid permit to work in the EU.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview in Brussels. Candidates can be contacted on a rolling basis as soon as we receive the applications.
Equal Opportunities Statement: It is the policy of the European Social Network (ESN) to treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or trade union membership status or any other protected characteristic.
Details of candidates are kept in the reserve list of the association for six months. Candidates must inform ESN if they do not wish their data to be kept in the reserve list.
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!