EU Public Affairs Senior Executive / Associate Director
Hanbury Strategy seeks
EU Public Affairs Senior Executive / Associate Director (m/f/d)
About Hanbury Strategy
Hanbury is a strategic advisory firm that provides political analysis and insight to help businesses navigate a time of global change; manages all aspects of communications to help firms tell their story; and builds winning campaigns to help shape public opinion.
With offices in London, Brussels and Berlin, Hanbury has ambitious plans for 2021 and beyond. Described as ‘one of the most exciting start-ups in the space for some years’, Hanbury’s public affairs team is fast-growing and our experienced campaigners and communications professionals have advised CEOs, major investors, Prime Ministers and Cabinet Ministers across Europe
To help us grow even faster, this senior executive / associate director will play a key role in delivering client excellence, growing the practice and the portfolio and helping to propel the firm forwards.
Hanbury’s EU Team has grown significantly since its formation. We are looking to bring on board an enthusiastic addition to our PA team, with significant proven experience (>3 years) working with or in media and politics, or in an agency, leading teams, advising clients from a variety of industries.
You will be adept at working across the full spectrum of PA activity, involved in a range of tasks and projects which might include:
- Acting as the primary liaison for PA and corporate communications clients.
- Researching and sourcing information for clients.
- Working with our researchers and policy analysts to produce detailed pieces of original analysis and due diligence.
- Helping to develop long-term media strategies and communications grids, and advising clients on press engagement.
- Drafting press releases, opinion pieces, briefing notes and background information documents.
- Proactively briefing stories to the media and dealing with reactive media enquiries.
- Taking on day to day project management responsibilities, ensuring a high standard of work for client programmes.
- Effectively managing teams to deliver against tight deadlines and supporting the development of junior colleagues.
- Assisting the firm’s Partners in spotting opportunities to develop and grow the business, and contributing ideas and taking part in pitches for new clients.
Hanbury is looking for driven individuals who will be:
- Excited to be part of a dynamic team, working with clients from a range of industries.
- Not afraid to break new ground and find new ways to solve old problems.
- Dedicated to producing high-quality work and going the extra mile.
- Entrepreneurial in approach, with the ability to think on your feet.
- Interested in politics and the wider impact on our PA and corporate clients.
- Enjoy working with people with a diverse range of backgrounds and opinions.
- Personable, professional and a team player.
The following is desirable:
- Additional European languages (in particular Dutch, French, German, Italian or Spanish).
- Existing relationships in the European media landscape.
Further Information and Benefits
- The person can be based in our London, Brussels or Berlin offices.
- This is an office-based position with regular working hours of 9am to 6pm.
- 28 days’ leave per annum (pro-rata), plus bank holidays and discretionary additional days off between the Christmas and New Year period.
- A pension scheme in which Hanbury contributes a proportion of your monthly gross salary.
- Complimentary Employee Assistance Programme.
- Membership of Second Home, the co-working office space in which Hanbury’s London office is currently based, which offers a range of additional complimentary benefits including cultural and wellness programmes: https://secondhome.io/spitalfields.
Please email your CV and Cover Letter with the subject: EU Public Affairs Senior Executive / Associate Director [REF: 0006] to email@example.com
Should you be considered for interview, we will contact you by email within two weeks.
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!