Head of Sustainability (m/f/d)
The ICC – International Chamber of Commerce in Paris is looking for a
Head of Sustainability (m/f/d)
About our organization
The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) – the institutional representative of 45 million businesses worldwide. Through a unique mix of advocacy, solutions and standard setting, we promote international trade, responsible business conduct and a global approach to regulation, in addition to providing market-leading dispute resolution services.
We are the only private sector organization with a seat at the table in the United Nations and work to shape global dialogues on a broad range of public policy issues. ICC also serves as the business focal point to the UN’s climate process (UNFCCC) – and has a firm commitment to driving the implementation of the Paris Agreement and the Sustainable Development Goals in partnership with the global private sector.
The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) is seeking a senior regulatory affairs expert to lead the development of its policy engagement on sustainability issues.
This is a full-time position with a commitment based in Paris.
The Head of Sustainability, based in ICC’s Global Policy Department, will lead the development of ICC’s work on sustainability policy – with a particular focus on environmental issues. Key tasks will include:
- Identifying and tracking issues on which ICC’s engagement can deliver meaningful impact for businesses – ensuring the development of a value-add sustainability portfolio for the organization;
- Lead project teams to drive the development of high-quality content to influence the design and implementation of key public policies – shaping outcomes that work with the real economy to meet global sustainability goals;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with senior business executives and technical experts – including through ICC’s Environment and Energy Commission and related working groups;
- Developing and disseminating insights on sustainability policy developments to drive awareness and understanding among team members – as well as companies engaged in ICC’s work;
- Driving the establishment of collaborative, cross-cutting workstreams leveraging expertise from other policy domains – such as trade and finance;
- Building high-impact campaigns, in conjunction with ICC’s Global Communications Department, in advance of major intergovernmental summits and conferences;
- Building trusted relationships with key international organizations – positioning ICC as the “go to” organization for business insights on complex sustainability challenges;
- Developing strong, collaborative working relationships with ICC’s global network of national committees;
- Serving as ICC’s in-house expert on sustainability issues, supporting the development of the organization’s top-level positioning and advising on the creation of new products by other departments.
The ideal candidate will have
- 10+ years of international policy and/or regulatory experience, ideally with a leading corporation or private sector association;
- Experience leading consensus building efforts on technical issues of international significance;
- Knowledge of the sustainability policy ecosystem and ability to explain highly technical subjects to non-experts;
- Understanding of the operational and economic factors which can impact the adoption of sustainable practices by business;
- Experience leading cross-functional project teams in order to reach shared goals.
Terms and conditions
Estimated starting date: as soon as possible
Department: Global Policy, the position will be based in Paris.
Contract type and duration: Permanent contract
How to apply: Please send a full CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until an appropriate candidate has been identified.
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!