Internship Communications/Editorial Assistant (m/f/d)
Transparency International EU is looking for an
Intern Communications/Editorial Assistant (m/f/d)
Transparency International EU (TI EU) is an international non-profit organisation under Belgian law (AISBL) based in Brussels (Belgium). We work closely with Transparency International national chapters in over 100 countries worldwide and the International Secretariat (TI-S) based in Berlin.
As part of the global Transparency International movement, TI EU coordinates Transparency International’s activities toward the EU institutions. The mission of TI EU is to prevent corruption and promote integrity, transparency and accountability in EU institutions, policies and legislation. This will in turn enhance efforts at the national level to fight corruption and promote equality and access to justice for citizens.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to support the Communications Officer and wider team with drafting and editing communication products.
Main function: Assist the Communications Officer and wider team with written communications
Starting date: 1 September
Duration: 6 months, with the possibility of being considered for subsequent employment
Type of contract: Full-time CIP (convention d’immersion professionnelle – paid internship under Belgian law)
Location: Brussels, Belgium (A mix of teleworking and office-based work is offered)
Salary and Benefits: 900 EUR gross per month, 10 days’ holiday, work from home allowance, lunch vouchers, mobile phone support, hospitalisation insurance and bicycle benefit
- Draft, edit and proofread reports, press releases and other written communication material;
- Ensure that all text published by TI EU is engaging, clear and supports our advocacy goals;
- Work with the policy team to make sure deadlines are met and project timelines are adhered to;
- Quality assurance of other communication materials;
- Assist in the development and implementation of “traditional” communications and social media campaigns;
- Maintain and update the TI EU website as required;
- Assist in the creation of audio-visual material for communication channels;
- Liaise with communications officers in the wider TI network and keep National Chapters up-to-date with Brussels activities;
- Liaise and coordinate the work with external stakeholders working on the project, such as web developers, copy editors and graphic designers.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- University degree or equivalent qualification or experience in communications, journalism, political science, marketing, international affairs or other relevant fields – or equivalent acquired through work experience;
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with a thorough eye for detail and a creative approach to communications;
- Knowledge of/experience in traditional and social media communications;
- A good understanding of EU affairs;
- Excellent communication skills in English (native speaker standard) is required;
- Experience in working with Content Management Systems (preferably WordPress), mass emailing software, Adobe Creative Suite programmes and audio-visual production is an advantage;
- Dynamic and creative self-starter; highly motivated, organised, flexible, comfortable in both taking initiative and working as part of a multi-cultural team, with good interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of, and interest in, anti-corruption issues would be an asset;
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and maintain a professional approach;
- A commitment to the values and goals of Transparency International.
TI EU is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Applications should be submitted in English by completing the form on our website and include a CV and cover letter, as well as a recent and concise example of professional writing you are most proud of (no longer than 2 pages of A4).
The deadline for applications is 18 July 2021 at 23:59 Brussels time.
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to take part in an online interview and a writing test.
Please note that applicants must be a resident of Belgium or have the right to reside and work in Belgium.
We will only be able to contact successful candidates.
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!