Junior Communications Officer (m/f/d)
Science Europe seeks
Junior Communications Officer (Parental Leave Cover) (m/f/d)
We are looking for a Junior Communications Officer for a parental leave cover from mid-February to end of August 2021.
If you are a passionate digital savvy individual with experience in communications, we would love to hear from you. Working for Science Europe, you will get the opportunity to work for a unique policy association and become part of a friendly and enthusiastic team.
We are an association of major public European Research Funding Organisations (RFO) and Research Performing Organisations (RPO) from 28 countries. We promote the collective interests of our Member Organisations through our advocacy work and we support them in their efforts to foster European research by offering a platform for collaboration and advocacy.
Science Europe aisbl is based in Brussels (Belgium). Our offices are ideally located in the so-called EU area and easily accessible by public transport. During the Covid-19 lock-down measures staff work remotely, only going to the office when it is strictly necessary.
We are looking for a digital savvy Junior Communications Officer to cover a parental leave. This is a full-time position from mid-February to end of August 2021.
As the Junior Communications Officer, you contribute to enhancing the visibility of Science Europe and its mission as part of the communications team.
- Manage updates to Science Europe’s website;
- Produce graphic materials and layout documents or publications;
- Proofread documents produced by Science Europe;
- Manage the logistics of Science Europe’s digital events (meetings, webinars, conferences, networking events);
- Update and audit Science Europe’s contact database to ensure it is kept up to date;
- Liaise with external providers;
- Support the implemention Science Europe’s communication’s strategy.
Essential Skills and requirements:
- Fully proficient in English (native level) with excellent communication, written, and listening skills;
- Advanced digital skills, including website content management systems (e.g. WordPress & Umbraco), email marketing services (e.g. MailChimp), visual design (e.g. Adobe suite) and database management. Video editing skills and experience analysing Google Analytics would be a plus;
- Experience with social media (Twitter and LinkedIn);
- Experienced in organising digital events using platforms such as Zoom and GoToMeeting;
- Excellent project management skills, able to coordinate a diverse range of projects and deadlines;
- Ability to work both in a team and independently, on own initiative;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work with deadlines;
- Attention to detail;
- A minimum of 1-2 years professional experience.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge and/or experience of European research policy;
- Experience working in a scientific or academic environment;
- Experience of working in an international environment;
- Familiarity with the EU environment and EU press corps;
- Good knowledge of French and/or Dutch.
WHAT WE OFFER?
We offer a fixed term contract as well as a competitive salary based on accredited level of experience. We also offer benefits such as chèques repas (meal vouchers), 13th month (additional salary payment in December), hospital and group insurance, and extra vacation days.
HOW CAN YOU APPLY?
You can apply by sending your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter (maximum one page) should outline your suitability and motivation for the post. It should explicitly reference how your profile matches the different job requirements described above and your availability to start in mid-February 2021. Please also include with your application the names and contact details of two people (ideally a current or former line manager or supervisor) who could provide a reference in case you are short-listed for interview.
The position is open until filled. Applications will be accepted until a qualified candidate is selected, at which time the recruitment will be closed.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!