Legal and Public Affairs Manager (m/f/d)
FACE – European Federation of Associations for Hunting and Conservation seeks
Legal and Public Affairs Manager
FACE is looking for a Legal and Public Affairs Manager to join its team in Brussels. We are looking for someone who has a proven track record in legal affairs and interest representation that can ensure the effective coordination and delivery of FACE’s legal and public affairs objectives.
We are looking for someone who has a proven track record in legal affairs and interest representation that can ensure the effective coordination and delivery of FACE’s legal and public affairs objectives.
He or she should be passionate about the work we do at FACE and willing to work hard to increase our reach and promote sustainable hunting and conservation in Europe. Past experience in EU legal and public affairs is essential. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the oversight and management of policy and legal staff. This post is located at the FACE Office in Brussels with extensive travel within Europe.
ROLE DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
Advocacy and External Relations
- Ensure effective coordination and delivery of FACE’s legal and political objectives;
- Develop and implement – in coordination with the Communication Team – advocacy strategies and campaigns, policy events and other policy tasks with focus on the EU and international institutions;
- Represent FACE and its positions in legal meetings and public events, and as required, engage with the media;
- Develop and leverage key relationships and alliances with decision makers and stakeholders, with particular attention to the EU and international institutions.
- Legal Affairs, Policy Monitoring, Research and Analysis
- Oversee the monitoring and intelligence gathering of EU and international policy developments in the field of hunting and nature conservation (such as environment, firearms & ammunition, public & animal health, animal welfare and ethics, wildlife trade, agriculture…);
- Analyse relevant political and legislative developments of relevance to FACE’s Members;
- Prepare briefing notes and reports to colleagues and Members;
- Manage and coordinate FACE’s legal affairs expertise (personnel and Members’ working group).
Internal Policy Work
- Lead the FACE public affairs strategy development and contribute to overall work plans and reporting processes;
- Organise and ensure enhanced involvement of FACE Members and manage policy and law-related internal platforms including meeting organisation and follow-up;
- Oversee the development of common policy positions of Members and implement the production of draft positions and reports;
- Ensure good communication of policy activities and development.
- Provide strategic policy and advocacy advice to the Secretary General and other staff;
- Assist with fundraising management, such as content conceptions, implementation and reporting of projects in relevant fields of policy as required;
- Responsibility for personnel, budgetary, and administrative matters, as assigned;
- Willing to work flexibly: occasional flexible hours – travel in Europe.
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- University level education or equivalent (in law, political sciences, or other relevant fields);
- A minimum of five years’ experience in European Public Affairs in any of the following areas: EU institutions, advocacy NGOs, business firms, government, media, intergovernmental organisations, research organisations, political parties, think tanks;
- Excellent knowledge of EU law and policy making processes;
- Demonstrated ability to work in an international context with organisations from differing backgrounds and varying cultures with tact and diplomacy.
KEY SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent communication, diplomatic and networking skills and ability to convince groups;
- Ability to think and act strategically and laterally and understanding of political processes;
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage priorities and work to deadlines under pressure;
- Good analytical skills, capacity to identify key issues and ability to construct coherent arguments;
- Fluent in written and spoken English with a working knowledge of at least one other European language, preferably French and/or German. Additional European language would be an asset;
- Experience of and/or good understanding of hunting, countryside activities and nature conservation would be an asset.
Terms: Permanent contract (CDI). Attractive salary & benefits combined package.
Reports to: Secretary General.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and a covering letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining your reasons for applying to this position. Candidates will be interviewed progressively as applications are received.
For questions about this position, please contact the FACE Secretary General Dr. David Scallan – email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: Monday, 13 January 2020.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!