EU Representative (m/f/d)
EU Representative (m/f/d)
The European Platform for Electro-mobility is a multi-stakeholder group of 41 members working toward a sustainable, multimodal transport system in which people and goods are predominantly moved across land in Europe using sustainable electricity. The Platform includes European road vehicle manufacturers, train and battery producers, infrastructure managers and suppliers, electricity stakeholders, operators and users of public transport as well as cities and civil society.
The aim of the Platform is to drive the development, implementation and support for sustainable European Union policies, programmes and initiatives to move people and goods by electro-mobility. We achieve our objectives by providing a forum in which diverse like minded organisations effectively collaborate to develop the market for electro-mobility ; collectively inputting to EU policy making processes and other relevant forum ; developing practical and policy solutions addressing barriers and developing solutions which accelerate electro-mobility ; and actively promoting electro-mobility to key decision makers and influencers in EU institutions and Member States.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to manage our newly set up secretariat, focused on supporting the Platform in its work to accelerate the transition towards zero emission mobility in Europe. The position requires a person with strong organisation, coordination, and writing skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across a diverse membership. Interest and knowledge in electromobility are strongly appreciated.
The role will involve:
- Ensure overall smooth running and professional engagement of all activities of the Platform for Electro-mobility
- Facilitate communication and cooperation between Platform members and centralise Platform contact list (members, media, stakeholders)
- Organise Plenary meetings and set up stakeholder meeting, coordinating attendance of Platform members and attending meetings
- Support Platform Chair and Working Group Chairs in their day-to-day activities (including preparation of policy papers and similar material)
- Manage the organisation of Platform events, in coordination with the relevant Working Group Chair
- Design content dissemination strategies, and ensure basic Platform communications (presentations, website, newsletter, etc) are up to date
- Coordinate the Platform’s invoicing, payment execution, and budget reporting to members
- Help with ad-hoc requests together with Platform & Working Group Chairs
The successful candidate should meet the following criteria:
- 2-3 years of professional experience, experience in the European Parliament, the European Commission or permanent representations desirable
- Good knowledge of EU decision-making processes and climate, electrification & energy policies
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Knowledge and interest in electro-mobility desirable
- Strong project management skills, including events and meetings organisation
- Strong time management and organisation skills
- Flexible with good people skills
- Fluent in two of the major EU languages an advantage
This is a full-time position based in Brussels.
Candidates should provide a CV and cover letter of no more than two pages that should explain their motivation to work for the European Platform for Electro-mobility, and highlight examples from your previous work and experience to demonstrate how you meet the job specifications. Applications (CV and cover letter) should be sent in one document by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm on 10 August, 2020.
Any questions about the role can be directed to the secretariat directly at email@example.com .
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, we are only able to contact those who have been shortlisted. Only applicants with an existing right to work within the EU will be considered.
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!