Policy Officer (m/f/d)
CED – Council of European Dentists is looking for a
Policy Officer (m/f/d)
The Council of European Dentists (CED) is a European not-for-profit association which represents over 340,000 dentists across Europe. It was formerly called the EU Dental Liaison Committee (EU DLC), but its name was changed in May 2006. The association was established in 1961 and is now composed of 33 national dental associations from 31 European countries.
The Council of European Dentists (CED) is looking for a Policy Officer for its secretariat in Brussels. This position is intended to be a full-time permanent position, starting as soon as possible, preferably in September 2021.
Key areas of responsibility
The holder of the post will be responsible for monitoring, analysing and reporting on EU legislation, drafting position papers, assisting in the organisation of CED events, and providing information and other services to the CED membership. In addition, the Policy Officer will support lobbying by CED members, will assist in maintaining links with EU Institutions and stakeholder organisations in Brussels and will contribute to CED communications activities.
They will provide more specific support to:
POLICY MONITORING, REPORTING AND ANALYSIS
- Monitors EU policy: monitors agendas and publication of initiatives, attends and reports from hearings and meetings;
- Provides reporting and analysis of political, legislative and regulatory developments and their impact on CED interests;
- Drafts CED policy documents, speeches and articles.
- Handles general member requests, with support from the Secretary General;
- Shares with the Secretary General and the Office Manager the responsibility for organisation of CED statutory and other meetings;
- Has responsibility for taking minutes at CED Board and General Meetings.
LOBBYING AND NETWORKING
- Shares with the Secretary General the responsibility for supporting lobbying by CED members and for building and maintaining links with EU institutions and national representatives in Brussels.
- Shares responsibility for CED communications activities.
- University degree in law is preferred, political science or related field will be also considered;
- Proven work experience, preferably in an EU Institution or a European professional association;
- Excellent written and spoken English, and good French and/or German would be an advantage;
- Familiarity with EU policy in areas of internal market, health, eHealth, medical devices, chemicals, infection control, waste management and experience with communications activities would be useful.
The holder of the post will be expected to quickly assume a high degree of responsibility. Applicants should be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to assume a high degree of responsibility;
- Demonstrate an ability to work alone and in a small team;
- Well-developed analytical skills;
- Good organisational skills – organisation of Working Group meetings, Task Forces, General Meetings, Board meetings, public events;
- Good communications skills;
- Good political judgment;
- Good knowledge of EU legislative process and lobbying;
- Excellent drafting skills.
You can apply by sending your CV and a cover letter to Sebastien Bechara at email@example.com indicating ‘CED – Policy Officer in the subject line.
Deadline: Friday 17th of September
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!