Tender Notice – Project Implementation Manager (Pacific) (m/f/d)
International IDEA – The International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance is looking for a
Tender Notice – Project Implementation Manager (Pacific) (m/f/d)
Tender Reference No: 2021-10-010
Assignment Name: Project Implementation Manager (Pacific)
Project Name: Democratic Development in the Pacific Project
Deadline for Submissions: Proposals must be submitted by 23:59 (CET), 22nd October 2021. Late submissions will not be considered for evaluation.
Address for Submissions: E-mail: email@example.com.
Format for Submissions: Proposals must be submitted by email. Technical and Financial proposals must be submitted in separate files and marked accordingly. Price should not be mentioned in the Technical Proposal.
The following text should be put in the subject field of the email: Tender No. 2021-10-010 Technical and Financial Proposals – Do not open before 23:59 (CET), 22-Oct-2021.
Email Address for Clarifications: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clarifications may be requested via e-mail no later than 7 days prior to the submission deadline at the above email address. Note a response to a request for clarifications will be issued to all tenderers on our website http://www.idea.int/. Therefore, tenderers are advised to check the website regularly during the process.
Note: there are two different email addresses as outlined above, one to be used for Submission of your final proposal and the second one to be used for clarifications and other related correspondence.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Section 1 General Information
1.1 The International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance (International IDEA) is an intergovernmental organization established in 1995, with member states across all continents, which aims to support sustainable democracy world-wide and assist in the development of institutions and the culture of democracy. At the interface between research, fieldwork and the donor community, IDEA provides a forum for dialogue, builds networks of experts, develops training materials and provides strategic advice at international, regional and national level, cooperating with a range of organizations.
1.2 International IDEA now has a prospect of implementing a Pacific-wide project, delivering democracy support initiatives, and invites proposals from qualified individual consultants to fulfil the role of Project Implementation Manager. The consultant will be responsible for leading and coordinating the inception of the Project, the planning, implementation, quality assurance, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting of all related activities, within the project Description of Action (DoA) and in annual workplans, under direct supervision of International IDEA’s Asia and the Pacific Regional Office. A detailed description of the assignment is provided in the Terms of Reference attached to this Request for Proposals.
1.3 Working location: The consultant will be based at International IDEA’s Fiji office in Suva. Remote home-based work may be possible where travel restrictions and/or visa requirements do not permit the consultant to travel to Fiji.
1.4 Tentative timeframe: It is anticipated that the consultant will be required from mid-November 2021 until 30th June 2022.
Section 2 Preparation of Proposals
2.1 Language: The official language for the proposal, contract, reports and any other documents in relation to the assignment is English.
2.2 Estimated input: Full-time – 7.5 hours per day during local business hours, Monday to Friday. Given the full-time nature of the consultancy, paid time-off for public holidays and standard leave entitlement will be factored into the contract.
2.3 Required qualifications and experience:
- University degree in Social Science, Political Science, Law or other relevant discipline;
- Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience in project management, preferably in the areas of democracy and governance and/or parliamentary support, in the Pacific, including solid experience in the management of project teams;
- Excellent understanding of programming, monitoring and evaluation approaches and procedures is essential;
- Good working knowledge and practical experience in working with members of parliaments, parliamentary secretariats and committees, and experience in the development and production of parliamentary resources, tools and programming, including knowledge of parliamentary needs assessment methodologies and approaches is highly desirable;
- Knowledge and working experience on mainstreaming gender in governance and democracy and parliamentary support is considered an advantage;
- Experience with donor-funded (e.g EU, UN, FCDO) projects and requirements, as well as familiarity with their general processes and systems is considered an asset.
2.4 The proposal should provide the following information:
- CV & Cover Letter, addressing at minimum the requirements listed in paragraph 2.3, and the full contact details of three client/employer references.
2.5 Accomplished Declaration of Honour form: Please note that the attached Declaration of Honour Form should be submitted as a separate document. Sections must be ticked YES or NO.
2.6 Provide your quotation of fixed monthly fee in Euro currency.
2.7 For the purpose of ensuring consistency across applicant’s quotations, please quote under the following conditions/assumptions:
- The consultant will be based at International IDEA’s Fiji office in Suva;
- International IDEA will cover the costs of:
- travel to/from Suva at the beginning and end of the consultancy;
- suitable accommodation in Suva for the duration of the consultancy (if non Suva resident);
- essential office equipment and stationary items.
- The consultant is entitled to per-diem if travelling away from Suva on International IDEA business, but not while working in Suva.
2.8 Please factor the following tax considerations into your quotation:
- The quotation amount is deemed inclusive of all applicable taxes;
- International IDEA is not tax-exempt and does not have a VAT number. The Applicant must act in accordance with their country’s tax laws as it relates to providing services/goods to the customers/clients;
- The applicant shall be responsible for his/her/their own tax obligations as per the laws of the respective country.
Section 3 Submission of Proposals
3.1 Proposals should be submitted in electronic format by e-mail. Technical and Financial Proposals must be submitted in separate files and marked accordingly. The full details on how to submit proposals is under Tender Notice at the beginning of this document.
3.2 Proposals must remain valid for at least 60 days following the deadline for their submission stated under the Tender Notice.
Section 4 Evaluation of Proposals
4.3. The financial proposals will be verified and, if necessary, adjustments will be made to the prices to ensure consistency with the technical proposals in terms of work input and to eliminate arithmetical errors.
4.4. The corrected prices will then be converted to the currency of evaluation to obtain the evaluation price (E). The exchange rate is the IDEA monthly exchange rate.
4.4 The currency used for evaluation is EURO.
4.5 The financial scores (F) will be computed as follows:
The lowest evaluation price proposal (Em) will be given a financial score (Fm) of 100 points.
The financial scores of the other proposals will be computed applying the formula:
F = 100 x Em/E, where:
Em is the lowest evaluation price, and
E is the evaluation price of the proposal under consideration.
Consolidated Technical and Financial Score
4.6 The final consolidated scores (S) will be computed by applying the formula:
S = t x T + f x F, where:
t is the weight given to the technical score
f is the weight given to the financial score
4.7 The weights given to the technical and financial scores are:
t = 75%
f = 25%
4.8 The consultant ranked highest will be invited to negotiate the contract and if negotiations are successful the selected consultant will be awarded the contract. Should the negotiations fail; the second ranked consultant will be invited to negotiations.
4.9 International IDEA reserves the right during the negotiation stage to vary at the time of award of contract, the quantity of services and/or goods, or scope of work by up to a maximum of twenty-five per cent (25%) of the original TOR. This negotiation will not permit any changes to unit fee rates or other terms and conditions outlined in the tender proposal.
4.10 International IDEA reserves the right to directly award a follow up contract to the contractor selected for the tender to carry out potential future work related to this initial assignment. This will depend on satisfactory delivery of the tender assignment.
Section 5 Final Considerations
5.1 International IDEA will not be bound to select any of the proposals.
5.2 The following documents are enclosed with this Request for Proposals:
- Terms of Reference;
- General Terms and Conditions;
- Declaration of Honour Form.
5.3 Further information on International IDEA may be found on our website http://www.idea.int/.
5.4 Both the successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified in writing following the completion of the evaluation and contract award process.
Complaints regarding any aspect of the tender process should be addressed in writing to both the Internal Auditor and the Executive Director at International IDEA. The address is email@example.com.
The Request for Proposals, Terms of Reference, Declaration of Honour Form and General Terms and Conditions are available at: https://www.idea.int/about-us/procurement-and-tenders.
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!