Communications Manager (m/f/d)
Science Europe is looking for a highly motivated
Communications Manager (m/f/d)
The role aims to create, implement, and oversee communications activities, both internal and external, that effectively promote the mission, vision, values and work of the organisation.
Science Europe is a membership association of major public European Research Funding Organisations (RFOs) and Research Performing Organisations (RPOs) from 28 countries. Based in Brussels, we promote the collective interests of our Member Organisations through our advocacy work, and we support them in their efforts to foster European research and innovation by offering a platform for collaboration. We contribute to the development of robust research policies in Europe and to the European Research Area through engagement with key partners.
Reporting to the Secretary General, the holder of this position will assume responsibilities in developing and implementing the communications strategy based on Science Europe Strategy Plan, and working with and for Science Europe’s Member Organisations.
The main objective of this position is to develop and implement communications plans for both enhancing internal membership communication channels and raising the profile of Science Europe at national, European, and international levels. Promoting the organisation’s work and positions on research policy, research culture, and on the role and contribution of science in society are the main areas of activity.
- Develop the internal and external communications strategy in line with the Science Europe Strategy Plan;
- Implement the communications strategy to a high degree of quality and in a way that reflect the values of Science Europe;
- Develop and coordinate activities with an internal network of communication experts from Science Europe’s Member Organisation and coordinate activities through the Working Group on Communication;
- Responsible for the production of communication material in collaboration with other communication and office staff, and with external suppliers when necessary;
- Develop and maintain a wide network of general and specialised press contacts;
- Coordinate the general administration related to Science Europe’s communications activity, including quality assurance, managing external providers, project development and implementation for example IT developments and corporate image;
- Monitor the production of Science Europe’s communication material and assess their effectiveness in line with the Science Europe Strategy Plan.
Qualifications and experience:
- University graduate in a relevant field (communications, public relations, journalism or similar);
- Minimum 8 years of relevant work experience in the area of communications;
- Strong experience in developing and implementing a communications strategy;
- Experience in working in a policy, advocacy, or science communication;
- Good network of communications and press contacts from an EU context;
- Demonstrated experience with relevant communications channels such as website management, media relations, social media animation, corporate communication, as well as event organisation;
- Previous experience working in and/or a solid understanding of an international membership organisation or association;
- Ability to coordinate a Working Group;
- Native-level writing and editing skills in English;
- Demonstrated knowledge of different IT and web tools.
Skills and competences:
- Expert written, visual, and verbal skills;
- Strategic thinking: able to identify the right target audiences and define communication specific goals that contribute to overall aims;
- Strong inter-personal, external networking, and negotiation skills;
- Expert at information gathering and analysis: ability to synthesise data and ideas into simple, concise, and meaningful messages;
- Strong organisational skills: the ability to manage time efficiently and to work to deadlines;
- Team-oriented and able to work collaboratively with colleagues towards a common goal;
- Able to work independently and without supervision when required;
- Capacity to deliver high-quality results under pressure;
- Pro-active, flexible and ‘hands on’ approach to work;
- Ability to multi-task.
WHAT WE OFFER
A 3-year full-time contract as well as a competitive salary with the possibility to become permanent at the end of that period. The salary offered will depend on level and number of years of relevant experience. We also offer benefits such as meal vouchers, 13th month (additional salary payment in December), medical and hospital insurance, group insurance for pension and extra vacation days.
Please note that Science Europe is established under Belgian law, and that employment is within the Belgian tax and social security system.
The post can also potentially be filled on a secondment basis (for example, a secondment from a Science Europe Member Organisation).
HOW CAN YOU APPLY?
You can apply by sending your CV and a cover letter (in English) to email@example.com specifying ‘Communications Manager’ in the title.
Your cover letter (maximum one page) should outline your suitability and motivation for the post. Please also include with your application the names and contact details of two people (ideally a current or former line manager or supervisor) who could provide references. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The deadline for applications is 10 July 2021. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!