Sector Group Manager – Sustainable Fuels (m/f/d)
CEFIC – European Chemical Industry Council in Brussels is looking for a
Sector Group Manager – Sustainable Fuels (m/f/d)
Cefic, the European Chemical Industry Council, founded in 1972, is the voice of large, medium and small chemical companies across Europe, which provide 1.2 million jobs and account for about 17% of world chemicals production.
Cefic strives to be the best respected and most trusted business association in Europe. Based in Brussels, it is a committed partner to the European Union, interacting on behalf of its members with European institutions, non-governmental organisations, the media, and other stakeholders. As an active member of the International Council of Chemical Associations (ICCA), Cefic seeks to strengthen existing cooperation with global organisations such as UNEP and the OECD to improve chemicals management worldwide.
Cefic is devoted to promoting a thriving chemical industry that is broadly recognised to provide sustainable, safe and resource efficient solutions, foster prosperity, growth and investments in Europe and Provide safe and resource efficient solutions to meet the challenges for future generations.
The Association’s mission is to:
- Serve its members by generating and aggregating scientific knowledge that fosters the purpose of the Association in critical areas;
- Offer services and expertise to its members in regulatory, scientific and technical matters;
- Engage, advocate and represent the industry in order to create the right support and policy frameworks in Europe and beyond;
- Add value as a collective compared to individual companies’ activities.
To reinforce the Petrochemicals Europe Industry Sector, Cefic is looking for a (m/f/d): Sector Group Manager (Sustainable Fuels).
Mission of the role
Reporting to the Executive Director Petrochemicals Europe, you will manage the Sustainable Fuels Sector Group to implement the groups policy and strategic objectives. You will coordinate the sector group activities and drive progress in developing and implementing new initiatives in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Are you inspired by these responsibilities?
- Expand the potential outlet and use of Sustainable Fuels across EMEA, Eastern Europe and articulate strategies and plans across growing demand regions;
- Ensure effective advocacy (contacts with regulatory or policy making bodies) and communication (publications, seminars, websites, extranet) of the industry positions;
- Establish, maintain and extend the network of relationships and alliances with various industrial players and downstream users;
- Monitor, analyse and interpret the existing and proposed policies & government legislation and its impact on member company activities;
- Organise and chair meetings, draft minutes and manage budgets;
- Establish and maintain a network of relationships, stakeholders and alliances with other relevant European stakeholders, media, NGO’s and other trade associations in EU, ME and Africa;
- Work closely similar associations in Asia and the Americas to ensure a global reach of Ethers advocacy with alignment on messaging, resources required and sharing best practices;
- Monitor and identify relevant (emerging) policy issues legislation on EU and member state level;
- Manage the impact of the Green Deal transition;
- Represent the industry in conferences, seminars, symposia.
Can you make the difference?
The successful candidate will be an experienced professional who demonstrates the following experience, competencies, and personal qualities:
- A master’s degree in political sciences, international relations or related disciplines and/or in science, chemistry or related disciplines;
- Strong knowledge and background in fuels, refineries, gasoline streams and marketing, markets and European politics and institutions;
- Fuels experience in Africa would be highly welcomed;
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in an international working environment. Experience within the chemical industry or another European association is an asset;
- Proven experience in international advocacy and engagement with the EU regulatory framework;
- Experience within the fuel industry and in EU association management would be a plus;
- Good knowledge and understanding of chemical-related regulatory matters, the chemical industry and the value chain is desirable;
- Full professional proficiency in English; additional languages are a definite asset;
- A good team player who is able to work as well independently as in a multi-functional and multicultural team;
- Strong communication skills: ability to speak clearly and concisely in front of a group; ability to deliver well-organized, very enthusiastic and convincing presentations and ability to adapt style and language to audience;
- Excellent writing, networking and negotiation skills;
- Excellent organisational, project management and computer skills;
- A curious personality, keen to learn and improve continuously;
- Pro-active with service and customer orientation;
- Ready to travel (max. 10-20%);
- Prepared to live in Belgium (Brussels).
What do we offer?
- Working in a people oriented, international and dynamic culture at the centre of EU affairs;
- Competitive salary according to experience and several benefits;
- Opportunities for employee development (trainings, mentoring);
- Interviews via video conferencing during COVID-19 pandemic.
Are you interested?
Please send your application with full curriculum vitae, quoting the reference SGM-01, by 11 June 2021 to Cefic, Jessica Bart-Williams, HR Officer, Rue Belliard 40, b15, 1040 Brussels.
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!