Senior Advisor (m/f/d)
The Global CCS Institute is looking for a
Senior Advisor EU and International Climate Change Policy (m/f/d)
The Institute is an international think tank whose mission is to accelerate the deployment of carbon capture and storage (CCS), a vital technology essential to tackling climate change and delivering a net zero carbon future. We are headquartered in Melbourne, Australia with regional offices in Washington DC, Houston, London, Brussels, Beijing, Abu Dhabi, and Tokyo.
About the role
We are seeking a Senior Adviser EU and International Climate Change Policy to join our Advocacy team on a 3-year fixed term, full-time basis. Based in Brussels, you will report to the General Manager Advocacy and Communications.
As the EU and international climate policy lead, you will engage with EU, international, and CCS bodies to drive the development of CCS supportive policies and mechanisms. Specifically you will:
- Engage with the European Commission, European Parliament, and Government Missions in Brussels to ensure policies and mechanisms are supportive of CCS, including identifying consultation opportunities and leading the drafting of the response;
- Promote effective coordination of effort and activity to maximise the opportunity to accelerate CCS deployment in Europe with other relevant European CCS bodies;
- Contribute to the development of the Institute’s climate policy options and ensure internal stakeholders have up to date political intelligence;
- Follow climate policy negotiations to identify and deliver on opportunities for CCS in international or European climate change policy discussions;
- Contribute to the development and lead the execution of strategies and tactics to increase the support for CCS in international climate change policy discussions; and
- Engage with senior and influential individuals in the climate policy community, including media, to promote the credentials of CCS and the need for supportive settings for its deployment.
To view the detailed position description and apply, please visit our careers page.
Ideally you will have expert knowledge in the processes and operations of the European Commission and the UNFCCC. You will have a holistic take on policy development, with an understanding of economic implications of climate change mechanisms and demonstrated experience in developing policy options to address climate change via CCS or other clean energy technologies. Strong, relevant networks are integral to the success of this role.
Why work with us?
What it is like to work with the Global CCS Institute and why should you join us? Follow the link to explore more and listen to what our current employees are saying.
We will be assessing applications shortly after they are received, and we will continue to assess applications until the position is filled. Due to the high number of applications the Institute regularly receives, only those candidates who meet our requirements will be contacted and asked to progress.
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!