Integration Consultant (m/f/d)
UNHCR Representation for EU Affairs, Belgium, Ireland, Luxembourg and the Netherlands is looking for an
Integration Consultant (m/f/d)
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) employs over 17,000 staff in 135 countries. For over half a century, UNHCR has helped millions of people to restart their lives. They include refugees, returnees, stateless people, the internally displaced and asylum-seekers.
The UNHCR Representation for EU Affairs, Belgium, Ireland, Luxembourg and the Netherlands (REUA) is seeking an: Integration Consultant for Luxembourg (home-based).
The Integration consultant will assist UNHCR in obtaining a clearer overview of the integration process in Luxembourg, by way of an initial assessment of good practices, opportunities, shortcomings and challenges which will cover notably the following thematic elements: access to housing, access to employment and language learning. In order to have the necessary hindsight, the assessment will focus, to the extent possible, on persons of concern who arrived in Luxembourg in 2015-2016 and who have been granted international protection.
The project will be conducted over a period of five months (October 2021 – February 2022). It will first include a desk review to be undertaken by the consultant in the fall of 2021 (collection, organisation and synthetizing available information), in addition to the organisation of meetings with stakeholders & the start of participatory assessments with persons of concern, with the finalization of an interim report by the end of 2021. This will be followed by the continuation of the organisation of in-person and/or virtual meetings with relevant stakeholders and participatory assessments with persons of concern in 2022. The findings of the consultancy will be consolidated in a final report including recommendations. The consultant will work under the guidance and supervision of the Head of the Belgium and Luxembourg Protection Unit assisted by the Protection Associate for Luxembourg.
Main duties and responsibilities
- In 2021, undertake a desk review of available material on integration of persons of concern and finalize an interim report which will include the elements on access to housing, access to employment and language learning; organize meetings with relevant stakeholders (authorities and civil society) active in the field of integration and start organizing participatory assessments with persons of concern;
- In 2022, continue the organization of meetings with stakeholders and participatory assessments with persons of concern and analyze the findings;
- Submit a final report (in French) including recommendations on above-mentioned key elements.
Qualifications and professional experience
- Advanced university degree in Development Studies, Economy or Socio-Economic Development, Business Administration, Political Science or related field, preferably with specialization in refugee integration/inclusion;
- Minimum six years of experience in the field of asylum and refugee policy, preferably on integration-related matters, with desirable previous experience analysing and drafting socio-economic assessments;
- Previous experience in interviewing individuals/households is desirable;
- Previous experience working with UNHCR will be considered an asset;
- French and English are essential. Knowledge of Luxembourgish/German will be considered an asset.
The consultancy contract will start in the fall of 2021 (35 days between October and December) and continue in 2022 (17 days between January and February). It is a fulltime role, Monday to Friday (40 hours per week).
How to apply
Interested candidates must fill in the Personal History (P.11) form in English, including the Letter of Interest section, which can be obtained at: www.unhcr.org/recruit/p11new.doc.
The completed Personal History form is to be submitted, together with a CV, by Sunday 25 July 2021 at 23:59 CEST to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Integration Consultant’ and the candidate’s surname in the subject.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
UNHCR has a zero tolerance policy against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA), an unacceptable behaviour and prohibited conduct for UNHCR personnel.
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!