VOICE Director (m/f/d)
VOICE – Voluntary Organisations in Cooperation in Emergencies is looking for a
VOICE Director (m/f/d)
VOICE stands for “Voluntary Organisations in Cooperation in Emergencies” and it is an NGO network promoting effective humanitarian aid worldwide since 1992. VOICE is the main NGO interlocutor with the European Union on emergency aid and disaster risk reduction, and it promotes the values of its 86 member organisations.
VOICE is recruiting a committed and inspirational Director tasked with delivering on its vision and mission, under the direction of the President of the Board, by:
- leading and managing the Brussels-based VOICE secretariat in a constructive and inclusive way to implement the strategic, multi-annual and yearly plans;
- representing the organisation at different levels and occasions, and advocating for its positions and solutions in a diplomatic yet focussed way;
- liaising with VOICE’s member organisations, board, working groups and task forces in an agile and flexible way to represent these organisations and provide relevant expertise, analysis, input and support.
The Candidate Profile:
- in-depth knowledge of the humanitarian sector;
- in-depth knowledge of the debates and policy making in the humanitarian sector;
- in-depth knowledge of the functioning of EU institutions and EU member states’ humanitarian work and priorities.
- demonstrable experience in a range of humanitarian positions, preferably including at least 8 years with INGOs and most recently in a leadership position;
- a proven ability to lead, organise and steer meetings at a regional and global level;
- a proven ability to represent an organisation at a senior level, gathering and representing the views of a range of NGOs;
- a proven ability to liaise with donors as well as key policy and decision makers.
- motivational and inclusive leadership skills;
- team management and team-building skills;
- the ability to process various trends and complex debates simultaneously to formulate and communicate clear humanitarian positions;
- demonstrably excellent spoken and written communication skills;
- proven negotiation and influencing skills;
- the capacity to build institutional and personal relationships;
- the ability to both multitask and prioritise;
- fluency in written and spoken English. A good command of French is highly desirable.
- people-oriented, approachable and inclusive;
- self-motivated and proactive;
- adaptable and flexible when responding to a changing environment;
- good mentoring skills;
- good and patient listener;
- culturally sensitive;
- inclusive and valuing diversity.
VOICE offers a salary commensurate with the responsibilities of the position and the candidate’s experience.
The new VOICE Director should be eligible to live and work in the EU, while the position itself is based in Brussels, Belgium.
Interested applicants are expected to send a cover letter and curriculum vitae by COB, Monday 20th September, to VOICE’s application contact Hans Wolters, at ENC, email@example.com, indicating ‘application VOICE Director’ in the subject line.
The first round of interviews will be held on Wednesday 29th September and Friday 1st October.
Please don’t forget to mention politjobs.eu in your application!